Quick and easy, I’d like to introduce you to savory and delicious. A simple breakfast that will leave you full, satisfied, and provide you with the energy needed to conquer the rest of your day!
Raise your hand if you are tired of “insert generic breakfast menu item here” and want some change of flavor in your life? I did, and that’s what led me to Scrambled Hummus Toast.
Don’t get me wrong, I like me some scrambled eggs & bacon with a side of pancakes (too much? 😏) just like everyone else. But sometimes that can get a little boring on the taste buds.
The hummus not only adds to the savory factor, but it also creates an explosion of velvety texture in your mouth. And when you pair that texture with fluffy eggs and cherry tomatoes I’m telling you there’s no going back to plain jane scrambled eggs.
Ingredients in Scrambled Hummus Toast
Toast – I’ve mentioned this brand before, but I can’t rave about it enough. Dave’s Killer bread is packed with protein, fiber, low on carbs, and has a pretty awesome “second chance” philosophy.
Hummus – any brand or flavor works. I used Sabra’s Roasted Pine Nut.
Eggs – use your judgement on the amount of eggs used. I used three.
For Garnish – feta cheese, red pepper flakes, chives, and everything bagel seasoning.
Scrambled Hummus Toast
- 3 large eggs, scrambled
- 2 tbsp. hummus
- 1 slice whole grain toast
- 3 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. everything bagel seasoning
- 1 tsp. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp. chives
- Crack your eggs into a small bowl and use a whisk, or a fork, to scramble them. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- On medium-low heat, add butter to skillet and melt. Add your set aside scrambled eggs and cook slowly. Allow them to rise before stirring them. When done, remove from burner.
- While your eggs are cooking, toast your bread in a toaster until desired toastiness is met. Put on a small plate when finished and coat your toast generously in hummus. Add your eggs on top and garnish with your sliced tomatoes, red pepper flakes, feta cheese, everything bagel seasoning, and feta cheese. Eat immediately.
There may be Affiliate links in this post. By purchasing a product I recommend, I could receive a small portion. However, I only recommend products that I’ve personally used and love. Thank you for your support!
Have FOMO? Sign up below and get recipes delivered straight to your inbox and never miss out again! 💛