These Chocolate Banana Nut Muffins are an easy and healthy(ish) dessert (or even breakfast!) made from whole wheat flour and coconut oil. They really hit that sweet spot and are the perfect snack for on the go families.
Jump to Recipe Print Recipe
Chocolate Banana Nut Muffins are what I’ve been needing for the perfect mid afternoon pick-me-up. Thick and chewy, these muffins are everything you could want in one bite! And since they are made with healthy ingredients in mind, they are basically guilt free. I mean, c’mon!
I’ve always been a big fan of banana bread and an even bigger fan of on the go snacks. When you are a procrastinator like me (or you just like sleep), you grow to like hand sized food. Its the easiest to grab and because of the size, you can stuff your face with a smaller risk of getting it all over yourself as you rush out the door. Not you? Well, you’ll still enjoy these -promise! 😅
So with that idea in mind, I figured why not turn my favorite bread into muffins? Enter Chocolate Banana Nut Muffins!
Ingredients in Chocolate Banana Nut Muffins
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Sugar
- Chopped Pecans
- Peanut Butter
- Dark Chocolate Chips
Whole Wheat Flour – why use this and not normal flour? Well, whole wheat flour is a great alternative to white flour and is lower on carbs and more generous on the stomach.
Coconut Sugar – it has a lower glycemic index than white sugar or brown sugar, which means you won’t crash and burn after experiencing a sugar rush.
Coconut Oil – does the same thing as canola oil or margarine, but is sooooo much better for you! Just make sure you buy it refined so you don’t taste the coconut!
How to make Chocolate Banana Nut Muffins
These are super easy, I swear! All you have to do is prep your muffin tin with muffin liners, or kitchen spray, so they won’t stick when you go to take them out. Then, mash your bananas in a large bowl until only small chunks remain.
You’ll then add in your melted coconut oil and stir in your eggs, vanilla, and melted peanut butter -stirring until well combined.
In a separate bowl you’ll combine your flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, & salt and stir to combine.
Combine wet and dry mixture until JUST combined. Fold in your pecans and chocolate chips. Divide batter evenly into muffin tins.
Bake and let cool before serving!
If you make this recipe, be sure to comment below and let me know what you think! Also tag @yumfullydelicious on Instagram and use the hashtag #yumfullydelicious so I can see it and feature you on my story!
Chocolate Banana Nut Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup melted peanut butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin tin with muffin liners, or kitchen spray.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas until only small chunks remain. Add in melted coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and melted peanut butter. Stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, salt and stir to combine.
- Combine wet & dry mixture until JUST combined. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans. Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin tins.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Tops should be golden brown. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack for at least 5 minutes. Serve warm or room temp!
There may be Affiliate links in this post. By purchasing a product I recommend, I could receive a small portion. However, I only recommend products that I’ve personally used and love. Thank you for your support!
Have FOMO? Subscribe below for recipes delivered straight to your inbox! And never miss out again 💛